(i) The Product Information displayed on this Site has been uploaded by the Lending Institutions of the relevant Products. None of the information displayed on this Site shall form the basis of any contract. Any User of this Site will be required to acknowledge that it has not relied on, or been induced to enter into any contract by, any representation or warranty.
(ii) The Energy Efficient Mortgage Label Foundation has not independently verified the Product Information displayed on this Site. Accordingly, no representation, warranty or undertaking, express or implied, is made, and no responsibility is accepted, by the Energy Efficient Mortgage Label Foundation as to or in relation to the accuracy or completeness or otherwise of such Product Information."
(iii) The information provided on or accessible through the Site is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law, or which would subject us or any Lending Instituions, to any authorisation, registration or other requirement within such jurisdiction. You agree not to use or export the information or materials available on or through this Site in violation of laws in your jurisdiction.
- This website www.energy-efficient-mortgage-label.org (the "Site") is owned and operated by the Energy Efficient Mortgage Label Foundation (the Energy Efficient Mortgage Label Foundation together with its affiliates, "we" or "us") a Private Foundation (fondation privée / private stichting) registered in Belgium; whose registered office is at Rue de la Science 14 - 1040 Brussels - Belgium and registered under number BE 746 875 551 (VAT number).
- The Site is intended for use as a directory of information relating to certain financial products supporting the energy efficiency of real estate ("Products") (the "Product Information") by a Lending Institution of ("Lending Institution") or by a potential consumer ("Consumer"), investor ("Investor") or any other person accessing this Site, each a "User" or "you"). The Product Information is provided by each relevant Lending Institution, and remains at all times the sole responsibility of the relevant Lending Institution. We have not independently verified any Product Information, nor reviewed whether any Product for which information is available on the Site actually is a product supporting the energy efficiency of real estate. This Site or any label made available through it does not constitute, nor contain, any form of credit rating, any offer to sell (or the solicitation of an offer to purchase) any Product, nor does it constitute a recommendation, or investment advice, or any other type of advice upon which reliance should be placed.
- Please read the T&Cs carefully before you start to use the Site. By clicking 'Accept' you indicate that you accept these T&Cs and that you agree to abide by them.
- If any provision of these T&Cs shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
SECTION A. INVESTOR T&Cs
1. DIRECTORY SERVICES
- The Site is intended to provide you with certain information from Lending Institutions regarding the self-certification of their Products as Energy Efficient labelled products. The requirements of the Energy Efficient Mortgage Label Convention are intended to increase transparency and improve access to information, but they are not a substitute in any way for each User's independent product, investment and credit evaluation.
- The Product Information on this Site is provided for your convenience only, and does not constitute any form of credit rating, an offer to sell (or the solicitation of an offer to purchase) any Product, nor does it constitute a recommendation, or investment advice (or any other type of advice) upon which reliance should be placed.
- Users shall exercise independent judgment when viewing the Site and its contents, to make their own investigations and evaluations of the information contained on this Site or accessible through it, and to consult their own attorney, business adviser, tax adviser, and/or any other professional necessary, as to legal, business, tax and investment-related matters concerning the Products and Product Information contained on this Site. No information contained on the Site should be construed as legal, tax, investment, or accounting advice.
- Product Information is incorporated into the directory on the Site following the completion of an automated process conducted by the relevant Lending Institution. The proper conduct of that process and the accuracy and completeness of the Product Information supplied during that process remain at all times the responsibility of the relevant Lending Institution. While the Product Information contained on the Site is displayed by us in good faith, no representation is made by us as to its completeness or accuracy. PRODUCT INFORMATION IS DISPLAYED ON THE SITE "AS IS" AND HAS NOT BEEN INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY US. BY YOUR USE OF THE SITE, YOU AGREE THAT WE HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER REGARDING THE ACCURACY OF COMPLETENESS OF THE PRODUCT INFORMATION ON THIS SITE. Inclusion of Product Information in the directory on the Site does not constitute a warranty or representation by us that the Product is a financial product supporting the energy efficiency of real estate or complies with any particular criteria or regulations.
- Completion of the relevant self-certification automated process by the Lending Institution will lead to the granting of the Energy Efficient Mortgage Label. The granting of such label is entirely within the control of the relevant Lending Institution, and we do not independently verify whether such Lending Institution complies with the relevant criteria. The existence of an Energy Efficient Mortgage Label does not represent any opinion by us about the energy efficiency characteristics of a Product, the price of a Product, the appropriateness of a Product's terms, or the Product's future performance. Nothing contained on this Site is intended to predict or project future performance.
- We make no representation that the Products which are featured on the Site are suitable for you and we disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any Product Information or on the Energy Efficient Mortgage Label by any visitor to the Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents..
- From time to time we may make changes to the Site that we feel are appropriate (see Section C, para 3 below).
2. USE OF MATERIALS
- Subject to any prohibitions or restrictions stated in third party websites accessible via hyperlinks in the Site over which we have no control, you may view the content published on this Site, and you are welcome to print hard copies of, and/or download, material on it for your personal use or internal business purposes (in which case you are required to preserve in your copies any copyright materials displayed in the original materials and otherwise to acknowledge the Site as the source of the material). All downloading of material from the Site must be in accordance with our Acceptable Use Policy. All other copying is strictly prohibited.
- The use of material printed or downloaded from our Site must be in accordance with our Acceptable Use Policy.
3. LINKS FROM AND TO OUR SITE
- Where the Site contains hyperlinks to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. Users follow links on this Site to external websites at their sole risk.
- We accept no liability for and do not endorse any statements, advertisements, information, products or services that are published on or may be accessible through any websites owned or operated by third parties or for any action you may take as a result of using the website.
- Those third party websites may also be subject to separate legal terms and conditions, and Lending Institutions may be subject to separate regulation and are solely responsible for satisfying such regulatory requirements. We do not represent or warrant that any Lending Institution you deal with is fully authorised under or compliant with any law or regulation in any jurisdiction.
- You agree not to link any websites to this Site without our express prior written consent. We reserve the right, at any time and for any reason not prohibited by law, to deny permission to anyone to link a website from or to this Site, as well as the right to remove any link currently appearing on our Site.
SECTION B. LENDING INSTITUTION’s T&Cs
DIRECTORY SERVICES AND LABEL
- The Lending Institution is responsible for all Product Information uploaded to and/or validated on the Site by the Lending Institution or on its behalf, and warrants and represents that all such Product Information is and shall continue to be (and the Lending Institution shall regularly check the Site in order to ensure that it remains) accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- The Lending Institution understands that we do not limit access to the Site based on the nationality of a User. The Lending Institution shall be solely responsible for compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to the offer and sale of a Product in all jurisdictions in which such Products are offered.
- The Lending Institution shall indemnify us against, and hold us harmless from, any losses, liabilities or costs (including reasonable administrative and legal costs) suffered by us (including our officers and employees) or by third parties (including Investors and regulatory authorities), in relation to the Product Information and/or the Lending Institution's use of, and statements regarding, an Energy Efficient Mortgage Label.
- We accept no liability in relation to any lack of availability of the Site or any omission of, or any display of incorrect, Product Information on the Site for any reason whatsoever including negligence.
- The Lending Institution shall not make any statement that its receipt of an Energy Efficient Mortgage Label constitutes a recommendation by us to buy, sell or hold any Product, or that it reflects our views on the suitability of any Product for a particular Consumer.
- By uploading and/or validating Product Information on our Site, the Lending Institution warrants and represents that the Product complies with the relevant criteria established by the Label Convention as detailed at /about-us/convention
3. UPLOADING INFORMATION TO OUR SITE
- Whenever you upload and/or validate Product Information on the Site, you warrant and represent that any such contribution complies with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy, and you shall indemnify us against, and hold us harmless from, any losses, liabilities and costs arising in respect of any breach of that warranty.
- You shall promptly notify us in the event that Product Information published on the Site, any representation made to us in connection with obtaining an Energy Efficient Mortgage Label, or any other information communicated to us in connection with the Site, becomes false, inaccurate, incomplete, or misleading.
- Any information you upload to and/or validate on the Site shall be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties such information for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any information posted or uploaded by you to the Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property, privacy or other rights or is otherwise unlawful.
- We shall not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any Product Information posted by you or any other user of the Site.
- We have the right to remove any information or posting you make on the Site if, in our opinion, such information does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy, or for any other reason.
4. LINKING TO OUR SITE
- You may link to our home page (ww.energy-efficient-mortgage-label.org), provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part.
- You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- The Site must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of the Site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- Lending Institutions are required to register with us in order to use the Site by completing the following Registration Form.
- Lending Institutions will be provided with a unique user identification code and password (the "User Details") in order to access the Site for the sole purpose of uploading and/or validating Product Information on the Site. Such User Details are granted by us for the sole and exclusive use of the Lending Institution.
- We reserve the right to alter or cancel User Details and revoke access to the site at any time.
- If we need to contact you in relation to your use of the Site, we may contact you by email, telephone or post. The most recent details you have given us will be used. You must promptly inform us of any change in your contact details.
6. DOWNLOADING OF LENDING INSTITUTION PROFILES FROM OUR SITE
- A Lending Institution may download its own profile from our Site in any of the ways expressly permitted by the Site, but Lending Institutions may not download the profiles of any other Lending Institutions or attempt to download profiles from the Site by any other means.
SECTION C. GENERAL T&Cs
1. SITE ACCESS
- Access to the Site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on the Site without notice. We shall not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period of time.
- From time to time, we may restrict access to the Site (either partially or in its entirety).
- If you are provided with a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these T&Cs, or for any other reason.
- When using the Site, you must comply with the provisions of our Acceptable Use Policy. You shall indemnify us against, and hold us harmless from, any losses, liabilities or costs (including reasonable administrative and legal costs) suffered by us (including our officers and employees) or by third parties (including Investors and regulatory authorities) as a result of any breaches of our Acceptable Use Policy that you commit.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Site through your internet connection are aware of these T&Cs and that they comply with them.
2. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- All rights in this Site unless otherwise indicated, are owned by us. This Site and all content published on this Site, unless otherwise indicated, are protected by copyright in Belgium and other jurisdictions across the world. All trademarks and devices displayed on this Site, unless otherwise indicated, are owned by us and may be registered in many jurisdictions across the world. Save as provided in these T&Cs, any use or reproduction of these trademarks and/or devices is prohibited.
- You must not use any part of the materials on the Site for commercial purposes without our consent.
3. SITE CHANGES
- We aim to update the Site on a regular basis, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we reserve the right to suspend access to the Site, or close it indefinitely.
4. OUR LIABILITY
The Product Information displayed on the Site is provided by the Lending Institution, and the granting of any label made available through the website is under the sole control of the Lending Institution, in each case without any guarantees, conditions, warranties or representations from us as to its accuracy or completeness. To the extent permitted by law, we, and any third parties connected to us, hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by any applicable law or regulation; and
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any User in connection with the Site or in connection with the use, inability to use or results of the use of the Site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it (including, without limitation, the omission of, or the display of incorrect, Product Information on the Site) or in connection with any Product, including loss of: income, revenue, business, profits, contracts, anticipated savings, information, or goodwill, regardless of how any such loss or damage is caused.
5. INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND VISITS TO OUR SITE
VIRUSES, HACKING, OTHER OFFENCES
- You must not misuse the Site by knowingly introducing viruses, 'trojan horses', worms, logic bombs or other material which is maliciously or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the law of 28 November 2000 on computer crime. We shall report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we shall co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, information or other proprietary material due to your use of the Site or to your downloading of any information posted on it or on any website linked to it.
- We do not warrant that this Site or any software or material of whatsoever nature available on or downloaded from it will be free from viruses or defects, compatible with your equipment or fit for any purpose. It is your responsibility to use suitable anti-virus software on any software or other material that you may download from this Site and to ensure the compatibility of such software or material with your equipment and software.
- We reserve the right to prohibit any activities of any nature or description that, in our sole discretion, might tend to damage or injure our commercial reputation or goodwill or the reputations or goodwill of any of the providers or subscribers to this Site.
7. JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
- The courts of Brussels, Belgium shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to the Site or these T&Cs.
- These T&Cs and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Belgium.
- We may revise these T&Cs at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we have made, as they are binding on you. Certain of the provisions contained in these T&Cs may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Site.
- Details of how to contact us are available by clicking on Contact Us.
- We shall inform you if any of our contact details change by posting a notice on the Site.
SECTION D. EEMLF ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
- This acceptable use policy (the "Policy") sets out the terms agreed between a user of the website ("you") and the Energy Efficient Mortgage Label Foundation ("we" or "us") on which you may use the website www.energy-efficient-mortgage-label.org (the "Site"). The Policy shall apply to all users of, and visitors to, the Site.
1. PROHIBITED USES
You may use the Site for lawful purposes only. You may not use the Site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way which breaches or contravenes our content standards (see para 2 below);
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly transmit any information, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the Site;
- any equipment or network on which the Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
2. CONTENT STANDARDS
- These content standards apply to any and all information (the "Information") which you contribute to the Site.
- be accurate; and
- comply with applicable law in Belgium and in any country from which it is posted.
Information must not:
- infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or other proprietary right of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person; or
- be provided in breach of any legal duty owed to any person, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
3. SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, at our sole discretion, whether your use of the Site has caused a breach of the Policy. When a breach of the Policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem reasonable.
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Information uploaded by you to the Site;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- disclosure of information to law enforcement authorities as requested by law or as we reasonably feel is necessary; or
- any other action we deem to be appropriate;
4. DOWNLOADING AND USE OF INFORMATION FROM OUR SITE
- You may download information from our Site in any of the ways expressly permitted by the Site. Where indicated by the Site, you shall supply all the details requested and accept all the applicable terms and conditions before attempting to download any information from the Site. You shall not attempt to download profiles from the Site by any other means.
- You may use information that has been downloaded from our Site in accordance with our permitted procedures and/or hard copies of information printed from our Site for your personal use or internal business purposes only (in which case you are required to preserve in your copies any copyright materials displayed in the original materials and otherwise to acknowledge the Site as the source of the material). You may not distribute or show any materials downloaded or printed from our Site to any third parties or quote or refer to any such materials in communications with third parties without obtaining our prior written permission. Any such permission would only be granted by us on terms that the third party in question, prior to viewing any material from our Site, accepts and agrees to comply with these T&Cs as if the third party were a User of the Site.
- Regardless of any permission that may be granted by us for you to distribute or show materials downloaded or printed from our Site to third parties, you must not use or export the information or materials available on or through this Site in violation of laws in your, or any other applicable, jurisdiction. It remains your responsibility at all times to ensure that such laws are not violated.
5. CHANGES TO THE POLICY
We may revise the Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in the Policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Site.
Who are we?
The Energy Efficient Mortgage Label Foundation (EEMLF) was established by the European Mortgage Federation-European Covered Bond Council (EMF-ECBC), which are registered under the Covered Bond & Mortgage Council (CBMC), in 2020.
The EEMLF administers the Energy Efficient Mortgage Label, which is a quality label aimed at providing a clear and transparent quality benchmark for consumers, lenders and investors.
The EEMLF has been registered under Belgian Law as a Private Foundation (fondation privée/private stichting) since 21 November 2012 under number BE 746 875 551 (VAT number) and is based at Rue de la Science 14A, 2nd Floor, B-1040 Brussels, Belgium.
Our contact details are:
Rue de la Science 14A, 2nd Floor
B-1040 Brussels - Belgium
+32 2 285 40 30
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us using the contact form or via email, or if you register to receive one of our newsletters or download one of our publications.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include your name, address (if provided), e-mail address, your organisation’s name (if provided), your job title (if provided), telephone number (if provided), IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- process questions you have submitted via the contact form/e-mail/telephone;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you/your company and us;
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you/your company. These may include information about campaigns, newsletters, position papers or other publication material;
- activities, promotions of our association’s activities;
- process a job/internship application.
We only process data if we have a legal basis to do so. The type of processing will depend on the legal basis applicable, the most commonly used by us will be: legitimate interest, contract, legal obligation or consent.
You can find the definitions of these legal bases below:
- Consent: You have given clear consent for processing for a specific purpose.
- Contractual necessity: Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or to take specific steps before entering into the contract.
- Legal obligation: Processing is necessary to comply with the law (outside of contractual relationships).
- Legitimate interest: processing is necessary for the EEMLF’s legitimate interest or a third party’s legitimate interest, unless there is an overriding reason to protect your personal data.
Subscription to our newsletters
With our newsletters, we inform you about the EEMLF and its activities.
If you wish to receive our newsletters, we require a valid e-mail address from you as well as information that allows us to verify that you are the owner of the e-mail address provided and/or that the owner consents to the receipt of the newsletter. No other data is collected. This data will only be used for sending newsletters and will not be disclosed to third parties.
During the registration for our newsletters, we save your IP address and the date of registration. The storage of this data serves exclusively as evidence in cases where a third party misuses an e-mail address to subscribe to our newsletters without the authorised owner’s knowledge.
You may revoke your consent to the saving of the data, the e-mail address, as well as their use for sending our newsletters at any time. This revocation can be submitted via a link in the newsletters themselves, or via a message sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who has access to your information?
Your personal data will only be handled by or on behalf of the EEMLF and with utmost care for your privacy. We will never sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Third Party Product Providers we work in association with
Embedded services of third-parties
It may be the case that third-party content, such as videos from YouTube, map material from Google Maps or graphics from other websites are embedded within our website. This always requires the third-party providers to gain knowledge of the user’s IP address. This is because without the IP address, they would be unable to send the content to the browser of the corresponding user. Hence, the IP address is necessary to display such content. We strive to use only such content whose corresponding provider uses the IP address exclusively for delivering the content. However, we have no control over whether the third-party provider does in fact store the IP address, e.g. for statistical purposes. If we should become aware of this, we shall inform you.
How long do we keep your personal data?
When contacting us via the contact form or e-mail, your personal data provided (such as name and e-mail address) will be saved for the purposes of processing the query, as well as in case there are follow-up questions.
If you sign up for our newsletters, we will keep your contact details in our mailing list until you decide that you no longer wish to receive our newsletters and unsubscribe or let us know via e-mail (email@example.com) or until they are no longer of interest to you. We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your specified personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant and specified activity.
Your rights & choices
You have the right to access the personal data we hold of you, of course free of charge. Equally, you have the right to have your personal data removed/deleted (unless we are processing your data as part of a legal obligation), corrected or completed. If we are using your data on the legal basis of legitimate interest (for example, direct marketing or processing for statistical purposes), you have the right to object to processing. In order to do so, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org .You always have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive communications from us, then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your information.
The table below shows which right you can rely on, depending on the legal basis applicable to the specified processing of your personal data:
||Right to erasure
||Right to portability
||Right to object
|| But right to withdraw consent.
How can you access, update and delete your information?
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change e-mail address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know by e-mail to: email@example.com. Alternatively, you can call us: +32 (0) 2 285 40 30.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it is treated securely. Non-sensitive details (your e-mail address etc.) are transmitted normally over the internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we may have been given (or where you may have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We do not engage in active market profiling.
However, we may analyse the personal information you provided us with (for example your identity, the company or association you work for and your job title) to identify your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you (for example invitations to events that might be of interest to you). We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively.
Use of “Cookies”
“Cookies” are small pieces of information sent by an organisation to your computer and stored on your hard drive to allow that website to recognise you when you visit. They collect statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns, and do not identify you as an individual. This helps us to improve our website and provide you with a better browsing experience.
It is possible to switch off cookies by changing your browser preferences. Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our websites.
Links to other websites
Our websites may contain links to other websites run by other organisations.
In addition, if you linked to our websites from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site, and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site.
Use of social plug-ins (Twitter & LinkedIn)
The CBLF website uses social plugins of the social networks, LinkedIn and Twitter. You can identify the plugins by the following icons: (Twitter) and (Linkedin).
By accessing a page through a plugin, the content of the plugin is directly transmitted to your browser via LinkedIn or Twitter, which then embeds it in the web page. Hence, we have no influence over the scope of the data which LinkedIn or Twitter collects with the help of this plugin.
16 or under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Transferring your information outside the EU
As part of the services offered to you through our websites, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside of the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if you request information that one of our non-EU member associations is better placed to answer, we may transfer your request and contact information to them. We will always inform you if we forward your personal data.
By submitting your personal data, you are agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
Review of this Policy
We review this Policy in case of policy changes. This Policy was last updated in November 2020.